Protect Your Time with Your Child—Call 912-756-0103
Amongst all the stress and financial burden that you can experience in a divorce or separation, child custody is one of the most challenging aspects. When the welfare of your child and your rights as a parent are at stake, it is crucial to have an accomplished and experienced child custody attorney in Richmond Hill on your side. Mark A. Hendrix, P.C. has provided sound legal counsel to many clients over the course of his distinguished career. He is ready to stand up for your rights and best interests. He represents clients throughout Bryan County!
Are you struggling with a child custody case? Contact our firm at 912-756-0103.
Standards of Determining Child Custody
In the state of Georgia, the court will appoint custody of the child based on what is in the best interest of the child. Many things are taken into consideration about what is best for the child, including visitation with the other parent. In some cases, each parent might be living in different areas, further complicating the legal process of determining custody. No matter your situation, make sure you don't try to fight for custody on your own.
- Common factors for determining child custody:
- The environment of each parent's home
- The mental and physical health of each parent
- The child's emotional tie to each parent
- Each parent's ability to provide basic necessities to the child
- History of physical or substance abuse by either parent
- Criminal histories of each parent
- The willingness of the parent to have a relationship with the non-custodial parent
- Familiarity with the child's health, social, and educational needs
Whether you need help establishing a fair child custody plan or modifying an existing plan due to relocation, changing schedules, or another substantial change in your life, we are here to help.
Contact Our Caring Richmond Hill Family Law Attorney
Mark Hendrix has more than 15 years of experience as an attorney and has handled numerous family law matters. Over the course of his career, he has served as an Assistant District Attorney and has twice been a Solicitor General. Throughout his professional career, attorney Hendrix has helped clients see a fair and just resolution to their cases.
Call 912-756-0103 if you need a Richmond Hill child custody lawyer on your case. We are ready to help.